Thursday, October 23, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

About two weeks ago, Eric asked me one night "How about you and I go somewhere for a few days?". This came out of the blue - and I loved the idea, and I loved him for coming up with it! We kicked around ideas for a few different places, like Florida, Sedona, AZ - but settled on Las Vegas.

We have been there two times before, and enjoyed every minute of it. Eric said his is kind of anti-Florida, and that's ok. I can't see ourselves sitting on the beach for three days. We love walking around Vegas and seeing everything there is to see.

After checking with my Mom and Nikki, I told him that we could probably work something out for the boys. I happened to be at Nikki's that night (she was out of town), and the next morning when I checked my email, there was a confirmation for our flight and hotel. I have to admit, I was a little upset at first, because we had talked about going Thur-Sun, and the days booked were Wed-Sat. The Thur-Sun scenario would've worked out a little better for my Mom to watch the boys, but I think we can work it out. I quickly got over it when I saw that we were staying at Mandalay Bay! We have never stayed there, but when we see it and walk through it, we wish we had. It will be a great trip, and a nice little getaway after these busy months of moving and getting settled (that's for you, Nikki).

We are excited to go and we are looking at different shows that we could go see. Right now, Rodney Carrington is in the lead...

On another note, I just realized how close Christmas is getting, and I need to start making a list and shopping!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I know you have been EXTREMELY busy...and just need a break. :-)

Mom and I got you covered between the two of us...ENJOY!

Cassy said...

Thanks, Nik...still waiting to hear a final word from Mom about competitive cheer...