Thursday, October 9, 2008

One more thing...

One more thing about my shopping excursion....

I had the nerve to try to run into Old Navy after the Halloween store. I knew the kids needed to get home and have lunch, but I just wanted to run in Old Navy to see if they had some shirts for the kids' pictures. I thought I could do it quickly, and I was fairly successful. As I scanned the boys clothes, Dane and Abel were riding on the Old Navy dog. They were being kind of loud, but I could deal with it because they were being good (except for the screams from Abel when it was Dane's turn to ride - a normal occurrence in my life..). I found a few things, then we headed up to checkout. We waited in line a few minutes, and the boys had their hands on everything that they display at the checkouts. Then they saw some things on the top shelf they wanted as I was trying to checkout. Both the boys were climbing on the racks trying to get to them and I was pulling them down. But they can climb quicker. Abel started screaming because I kept getting him down. I tried to quickly scan my card, but the lady said "you have to wait until the end to do that. Besides, you may want to open an Old Navy account today. It only takes 5 minutes". Did she really ask me that? Maybe I didn't hear her correctly over all the screaming. I can only figure that she never had kids, or she would've realized that I wanted to get out of there as quick as possible. Did she think I had 5 seconds to spare, let alone 5 minutes. I know they are trained to ask everyone, but seriously.......

3 comments:

Nikki said...

So you didn't open up an account? That girl may have lost her job today because she did not meet her "new account" quota. Hope you feel good about that...

Kate said...

Good God...perhaps she was hoping that the boys would do enough destruction that the police would have to be called and she would get to go home early. I had a similar experience at Meijer today with an overly chatty checker while Jimmy was practically falling asleep in the cart.

Cassy said...

I feel real good about that...