Friday, October 10, 2008

Mr. Paul

We have met quite a few people in the neighborhood, but the one I've talked to the most is Paul from across the street. He is retired, and his wife works at the Plainwell schools. He does stuff around his yard/house all day, and is always waving and smiling at us. He really is a wonderful old man, always just wanting to talk about anything.

Yesterday, the boys and I were outside, and they found a caterpillar in the driveway. They were entertained by it for quite some time, and they even got Paul over here to check it out. He was telling them what their colors meant. We ended up talking in the driveway for about an hour. We figured out that he grew up in the same town my parents did in Aurora, Illinois, went to the same high school as my Dad, among other things. Small world! He later brought over a big bag of apples and pears from their yard. Today he brought me some recipes for them! What a nice guy..

In my post yesterday about my perfect life, I didn't really say anything about Eric. He is the one that has made my life what it is today, so he deserves a lot of credit. We are lucky to have the option of me staying home with the boys, and I am lucky because that's what Eric and I want.

I guess I would just change one thing though....the amount of hours that Eric works. It is particularly bad right now (budget season), which will hopefully be over in the next few weeks. He works long and hard at his job, and there are certainly days that he comes home frustrated. But, this has been such a good job (I think Eric would agree with me), despite the frustration. It seems like he is always getting "kudos" from people at work, and that is one thing that means a lot in the corporate world. Even though it is frustrating at times, there are people that see all the hard work that he is putting in.

All that to say a big THANK YOU to my wonderful husband. I Love You!

No comments: