Friday, June 20, 2008

When Daddy's Away....

Eric left yesterday to go up north to camp and fish with his Jackson buddies. Dane has been saying that "Daddy is going to catch a big fish and it's wiggly". I just talked to Eric a few minutes ago, and he said that they had a big lunch of fried fish and french fries, and they are headed back out to fish again. It is a beautiful weekend for it - in the 70's and breezy. Wish I were camping - perfect weather!!

A little background on the Jackson buddies - these are actually all the husbands of my girlfriends from high school - Susan, Kathy, Corrie and Kendi. There are some other guys going with too, but when I refer to Jackson buddies, that's who I'm talking about. All of us girls have made a great effort to stay in touch since high school, with some of us seeing more of each other due to the places that we live. I am so glad that we have stayed in touch so well, although I don't see near as much of them as I'd like! We always have such a great time together - sharing memories, new gossip, marraige and parenting stories and advice, and much more. I hope these ladies are in my life forever. I am also so glad that all of our husbands get along SO WELL. They have a great time together as well, maybe sometimes too great! Whenever we all get together, it seems as though all the guys disappear rather quickly and do who knows what. The girls are always eager to hear stories of their times together, although sometimes there are things that maybe we didn't want to hear about. Oh well, they have a great time and it seems as though all their worries and stresses from their daily lives seem to go away when they are together, and I think everyone needs that from time to time.

The guys have seemed to get away a few times every year and return with stories of their great times and fun adventures. Although the girls always say we are going plan a girls trip, it just never seems to happen. Finally this year, we are going on our own 4 day getaway, and leaving the kids with our husbands!!! All of us love to scrapbook - although with kids now, everyone is very far behind. We are going up to a house on Houghton Lake to scrapbook, relax, shop, and maybe just sit and do nothing next Thursday through Sunday. We are all very excited to go and I think we will have a wonderful time relaxing a just talking - oh, and scrapbooking too. We have to get a little bit done to show our husbands when we get home! Us girls love to talk, and I think that has been hard lately with all of our little ones running around when we are trying to have a good conversation. It's always right at the good part in the story when your child is tugging at you yelling "Mommy, Mommy". The 14 little voices (that's right 14 kids between the 6 of us going) will miracuously go away next weekend for our much needed ladies weekend. My sister will be joining us, and I think she will have a great time with my awesome friends. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Have a fabulous time. I have yet to go on an away weekend scrapbooking yet, but a few of my friends have and they LOVED it. I am jealous that you will be getting some done. Dare I admit that I am still working on September of 2005....AHHHH