Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Very Productive Weekend

As most of you know, we are hoping to move to the Plainwell/Otsego area sometime this year. We have an unfinished basement that became a collection of Eric's tools, our camping equipment, holiday decorations, empty boxes (LOTS of them that I have collected in preparation for moving - Eric says too many - can there ever be enough boxes?), fitness equipment, and many other things that we don't want upstairs anymore. We needed to get down there and sort things, throw things away, and pack. So, my wonderful sister and Mom (thanks guys!) took the kids for the weekend to give us time to tackle this project.

We worked hard, and finally got things in order. We had fun going through old pictures (someone in a speedo, I'm not saying who), things from Eric's childhood and many "collections". I kept coming across baseball hats and asking Eric "how many dirty hats do you need?". "They are part of my collection" was his response. Ok.

Then I came across two bags of clothes hangers. Do I really need all these? If they have been down in the basement for years, untouched, do I really need to save them? Eric said he has been asking himself that question for years. So, all the hats stayed, and half the hangers stayed. I just couldn't part with them all. They were nice hangers, and what if I needed them? Are you with me. ladies?

We threw a bunch of stuff out, packed up a bunch for goodwill/garage sale, took some things to our storage building, and even hauled some things out by the road with a "Free" sign. Most of it is gone.

We really got a lot accomplished, and we even treated ourselves by going out to a late dinner. Thanks Mom and Nik (and Poppy, Mav, and Maddox) - we're one step closer to moving!

No comments: