Friday, April 3, 2009

Our week...

Not much has been happening around here lately...just waiting for spring. The boys and I get outside as much as we can when the weather allows - today it is rainy and gloomy.

Dane is still loving preschool, and is doing very well. He is writing his name (I'm trying to teach him how to hold a pencil the right way), and he recognizes most of his numbers and letters. We will be sending him to the same place next year, and the year after that, maybe kindergarten (WHAT????). Lately, when we are outside, he has been telling me that he wants his training wheels off his bike. He rides around on it so well that we may try to take them off and see what happens. I think he'll do great and catch on quick. If he's not ready, we'll just put them back on!

Abel will still be too young to go to school next year, so he will have another year home with me! I don't think he'll mind. Although, he usually tries to take his coat off when we drop Dane off. I think by the middle of next year, he'll really be wanting to stay. I had to take him for an xray of his tonsils and adenoids on Wednesda. When I took him for his two year appointment in January, the doctor noticed his tonsils were enlarged. We went to an ENT and he didn't seem as concerned about his tonsils, but focused more on his adenoids. He still had fluid in his ear from his last ear infection, so we will go back in 6 weeks and see if the fluid has cleared. If it hasn't, he will probably need tubes. We'll also see what he wants to do about his adenoids.

On Thursday, we had to have someone come out to look at our microwave - it wasn't heating anything up. He tested it, and there was some part that was bad, and he said it would take a week to get it in. We have already been without it for a week! I kind of feel spoiled complaining about it - do I think that no one survived before they were invented?? There are certainly other ways to heat things up (hello, Mr. Stove), but they aren't as convenient.

We bought a new bedroom set back in February, which we love, but it is not "right" yet. After they delivered it, I noticed that one of the dresser drawers was very hard to open (note to self: when having something delivered, check all drawers before they leave...). I called the store the next week, and they said that some screws had probably come loose during delivery, and that they would send someone out to fix it. I would've tried this myself, but we couldn't figure out how to get the drawer out! Besides, you could hear wood scraping on wood, so we thought it was more than that. The guy came out, and told us that something was warped inside, and he couldn't fix it. Well, he said if he had it in the store, he could take it apart and fix it, but he didn't think that was fair to us to pay for a new one that had to be ripped apart. They ordered us a new one, and we waited another 2 weeks.

They called me for delivery, which was last Friday from 1 - 4 pm. At 3:45pm, I got a call from the store saying that they wouldn't be out that day because they found something wrong with the new dresser. They knew in the morning that they wouldn't be out, but the failed to call me. Ugh. So, now we are waiting another 2 weeks for a new dresser (the salesperson informed me that this was the last one they were ordering for us, if this one is bad, he said maybe they could put the three together and make a good one. If he thinks I am paying what we did for a pieced together dresser, he's CRAZY). Anyway, at the end of our conversation, he said they have had issues with this company. WHY THE HECK ARE YOU STILL SELLING IT????? It only causes headaches for the store and the customer. We'll see what happens. I'm starting to wonder. It makes me glad that Eric got the 5 year warranty with it. We normally don't by those things, but they waived the sales tax if we bought it, and it was the same amount of money.

Eric almost has the shed built, which means we can clean out our garage! We are starting the think about landscaping, and putting in the grass. We may have someone come do the front and sides, and we will worry about he back. I think it would take a lot of Eric's time, of which he doesn't have a lot of right now. We have lots of projects that we want to do, but we'll just have to pick and choose what we want to do this year. It will be waiting for us next year too, so no rush!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Where did you get the furniture? We had problems with JCPenny's. I love their solution to the dresser if the 3rd one is wrong...nice.

Cassy said...

We got it at Furniture Row Outlet. I am totally in love with it, so that's why I'm so disappointed with what is going on. Maybe I should try to get some store credit out of the deal.