Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Beautiful Weekend...

It was such a nice weekend here!! The weather was very warm, and although I hate all the mud outside, it was nice to see the sun. The boys got to play outside yesterday and managed to end up in the mud. They had fun riding their bikes on the driveway, and I can see that we will need to buy another bike this summer for Abel - all he wants to do is ride Dane's! They stayed out of the mud for awhile, but eventually it was calling their name. Luckily nobody fell down in it. They ran through it, and then ran through the snow to wash their boots off (something I taught them to do, and Eric thought it was a hoot...).

I had a baby shower to go to today, so the boys spent the day with Dad, and Bumpa and Great Grandpa came over. I had a nice day out with Aunt Grace and Grandma....

The lake looks like it is not frozen over anymore - all the snow that was on top has melted. I hope that it gets cold again this week because we are having our group of friends over from Jackson this weekend for a get together, and I'm sure the guys want to ice fish!! Eric assures me that there is still ice under there. We were out last weekend and there was 8 inches. It still makes me nervous to see standing water though. Dane and Abel are going to Nana and Poppy's for the weekend, so Eric and I can enjoy spending time with our friends - we are looking forward to it! Mav and Maddox will also be with Nana and Poppy (what are they thinking??), so I'm sure the boys will enjoy that...

We have finally started painting in here!! Our first project was the downstairs bathroom. It has been painted, we just need to do some touchups and then hang stuff back up. I will post some pictures when we get it done. It is where Dane and Abel take their baths, so we have decorated it in a cowboy theme. They are excited to see it done!!

Have a great week....will post later. I am determined to quit spending time on Facebook (aka Wastebook) and update my blog!

No comments: