Monday, September 8, 2008

Moving Day

I just want to say sorry to all my "fans" out there. I have not been as good about posting pictures and updates as I would like to be. As you can imagine, I've been busy getting things in order in our new house. Also, my computer isn't as accessible as it once was. It is now on the lower level, and the kids and I spend most of our day upstairs. It is good that it's down here, because there are too many things that little hands get a hold of. It was so easy to jump on here for 5 minutes before we moved, and the little ones wouldn't even know I was doing it. But now, they hear me go downstairs and they are right on my tail like little baby bears following their mama! Anyway, I will try to be better now that I have a little bit of order back in this new house.

We are loving it, and still can't quite believe we are here. We have so much more room, although we have filled it up quite nicely. I am now starting to think of painting walls - everything is white. I will tackle one room at a time, but probably will start with the boys' room, since that is the one I'm most sure of. The toughest one will be the kitchen/dining area/sitting area/front entryway. It all kind of flows together, so I have to put more thought into the colors there. I have some ideas, but I have to think them out!

We had lots of help on moving day - and the only one I didn't get a picture of is Nikki. Everyone was such a help, and we couldn't have done it without each of them.

Well, I take that back. Here is a picture of Nikki and I waving at our shadows, and the taking a picture to see if it would turn out. Were we supposed to be helping the guys move?

This is a picture of Eric and I with the Ryder truck taking our first load down to Plainwell.
Here are Dad, Eric, and Uncle Jerry a the new house. It looks like we were working Dad to the bone, Eric looks thrilled to be in a house that has central air, and Uncle Jerry has no idea that in a few hours Dad is taking him to his surprise 50th birthday party.
Here is Eric in the very cool Ryder truck.
The day started out with just Kevin, Eric, and I. We got the first load in the truck, and then Dad, Uncle Jerry, and Nikki met us down in Plainwell to unload. Eric was not thrilled that I was taking pictures. I have to have something to scrapbook, right?
This is the "SOLD" sign at Pinnacle Court. We found out at closing that the realtor actually went to school (a few years behind) Eric's dad, aunt, and uncle. Small world here in Allegan County!
Ahhh, Jason Shanafelt helping with the unloading duties. I think here he was enjoying a ride on the liftgate.
Here is Donnie raising (or lowering?) the liftgate. Jason doesn't have anything in his hands, which would lead you to believe that he is being lifted to the truck to get something out. But, Jason is sneaky. With the fury of people in and out, he could've just been standing there all day riding up and down, and no one would have known.
Hmm, now here is Donnie working, Eric and Kevin working, but what is Jason doing?
Here is the house. I will get better pictures later, but this gives you and idea of what it looks like.
After the first load, Eric, Kevin, Uncle Jerry, Dad, Nikki and I headed back up to Lowell for the 2nd load. Nikki was amazing helping me clean up the house. I'm sure Yumi thanks you Nik (the pregnant new owner). The guys were trying to rush, because Dad and Uncle Jerry were on a time frame (but only Dad knew), and Uncle Jerry wouldn't leave until we were loaded up. When we got back to Plainwell, Jason and Donnie met us to help unload. When we finished, we sat in the driveway on our picnic table and had some pizza.
After that, everyone left, and Eric and I headed back up to Lowell for Moose, Reesie, and the fish. We left the fish tank until last, because it is such a PAIN to move. We are glad to say that all the fish survived the trip. We had possession of the house until 10 pm that evening, and we pulled out of there at 9:35 pm with the last load. Eric and I were exhausted from the day, and we spent 45 LONG minutes on our final drive down to Plainwell listening to Reesie howl and the fish slosh around in the back. I got driving duty, because we had Nikki's van, and Eric refused to drive that! When we got home, we still had to set up the fish tank. Luckily that all went well, and we CRASHED.
Again, thanks to everyone who helped us out - even you Jason (I'm sure he did something....). Seriously, he really did help us out, along with Kevin, Dad, Uncle Jerry, Nikki and Donnie. My Mom and Dad came up the next day and delivered some things that had been stored at their house. We appreciate all the help we got that hot sunny day.
It's great to be home.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hey, the picture of house makes it look like you have a lawn..not weeds! How cool is that! Welcome home...it is AWESOME to have my sister so close by! The boys are equally excited...but now they ask if they can go to Aunt Cassy's EVERY night..what have we gotten ourselves into?